We are currently seeking a Lead Front-End Developer in the New York City area.
Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of the user.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and Technology services are delivered as well as invent and advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
- We are a consulting company — Our experienced multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver
custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We’re not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff — We solve big, connected problems by developing enterprise
portals and tools; transaction infrastructure and interfaces; and eCommerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients — We don’t rely on others to translate requirements and feedback;
we hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries — Our clients span financial services, healthcare, higher
education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology,
travel and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are kind, passionate, empathic, and collaborative.
We hire people who want to continue to learn and grow and are willing to engage in our company
to help evolve and improve it.
- Advise clients on front-end strategy, framework selection, emerging technology.
- Contribute to the development of our internal tools and reusable architecture.
- Be a change agent. Help move our design, development, and delivery processes into the next generation.
- Develop front-end code based on wireframes, visual designs, and UX specifications.
- Use front-end frameworks such as: React, Angular, Ember, Vue, etc.
- Integrate with REST APIs or other back-end frameworks.
- Accurately estimate upcoming work and deliver reliably.
- Be a mentor to junior developers.
- HTML – Mastery of HTML: semantics, accessibility, and cross- browser compatibility.
- CSS – Mastery of CSS, including preprocessors (Sass preferred), naming methodologies such as BEM, and techniques for scaling CSS on large projects.
- Automation – Familiarity using Node libraries to ensure code quality: JSLint, JSHint, ESLint.
- Testing – Experience with JS unit testing approaches, such as: Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Performance – Experience creating code optimized for production, via JS minification, “tree shaking” dependencies, image compression, etc.
- Collaboration – Ability to collaborate with team members across various discilpines: UX, design, tech, business, QA, etc.
- Planning – Experience planning and estimating complex software application projects.
- Source Control – Familiarity with source control: Git, SVN, etc.
- Experience – We prefer 5+ years of experience for lead roles.
- BS/BA degree with CS concentration, or equivalent experience.
- Back-end development experience in Node or Java is helpful.
- Experience with front-end build tools: Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, or JSPM.
Employees will be exposed to many clients and technologies as they complete projects. This will give them many opportunities to grow and stretch themselves. We are committed to training and mentoring to help them be successful.
Candidate should be comfortable with occasional travel as client engagement requires.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.