We are currently seeking a Lead Visual Designer in the New York City and Boston metro areas.
Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of the user. The Lead Visual Designer is expected to provide innovative, user-centered, information and visual design work that contributes to an enhanced user experience.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and Technology services are delivered as well as invent and advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
- We are a consulting company — Our experienced multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We’re not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff — We solve big, connected problems by developing enterprise portals and tools; transaction infrastructure and interfaces; and eCommerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients — We don’t rely on others to translate requirements and feedback; we hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries — Our clients span financial services, healthcare, higher education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology, travel and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are kind, passionate, empathic, and collaborative. We hire people who want to continue to learn and grow and are willing to engage in our company to help evolve and improve it.
The Lead Visual Designer has 5 years of experience in visual design for a consulting company or interactive agency. They are responsible for leading and contributing to the development of a variety of visual design projects across multiple clients from concept to delivery. This is a full time or freelance position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and work on engagements independently or as part of a team.
- Foster strong relationships with clients that develop into future work based on excellent delivery and trust
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate creative rationale to clients and team members
- Develop and communicate industry-leading creative concepts
- Strong visual style and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, usability and information architecture affect design
- Develop presentations, storyboards and client feedback mechanisms to communicate visual designs process
- Provide quality assurance of creative deliverables
- Design problem-solving skills—ability to work through designs that are of extreme complexity
- Experience in designing for applications, transactional and complex type of interfaces
- Experience with responsive design
- A passion for creating great user experiences through the use of visual design
- Strong understanding of branding and digital identity
- Ability to lead client relationships
- Actively engages and participates in the design community
- Understanding current and emerging technologies, such as, CSS, responsive design, mobile etc.
- Strong presentation skills along with good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong design portfolio
- Knowledge of basic human factors techniques
- Minimum 5 years of design experience for companies across multiple industries and verticals
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a design agency or consultancy
- Adobe Creative suite
- Bohemian Coding Sketch
- Microsoft Office
- Bachelors of Fine Arts or design degree (Master’s degree a plus)
30-50% travel depending on project. Candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.