We are currently seeking a Principal Engagement Lead in the New York City area.
Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of the user.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and Technology services are delivered as well as invent and advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
- We are a consulting company — Our experienced multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver
custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We’re not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff — We solve big, connected problems by developing enterprise
portals and tools; transaction infrastructure and interfaces; and eCommerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients — We don’t rely on others to translate requirements and feedback;
we hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries — Our clients span financial services, healthcare, higher
education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology,
travel and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are kind, passionate, empathic, and collaborative.
We hire people who want to continue to learn and grow and are willing to engage in our company
to help evolve and improve it.
The Principal Engagement Lead will be responsible for the overall integrity of a project and the quality of all deliverables. The Principal Engagement Lead develops a project plan and ensures that milestones and cost objectives are met. The Principal Engagement Lead is responsible for the day-to-day management of project teams consisting of TandemSeven personnel, contractors and often staff from the client organization. Team sizes can range from 5 – 20 resources. Additionally, the Principal Engagement Lead should be able to function as a business analyst, determining business requirements, documenting workflows, and driving phasing of requirements.
- Project Management/Leadership
- Coordinate project team to meet deliverables
- Create/Maintain/Update project schedule
- Work with client project manager with governance, schedules and stakeholder mgmt
- Assign team roles and responsibilities and coordinate staffing
- Guide, supervise and set expectations with team members as well as maintain team morale.
- Manage team dynamics and ensure team works effectively together.
- Coordinate participation of client user and technical staff
- Monitor and track project’s progress and ensure project is on schedule (time and $) and deliverables meet quality standards.
- Create project status reports/conduct project status meetings
- Responsible for final quality of all deliverables
- Business Analysis/Strategy
- Understand high level functionality of application
- Develop business requirements, roadmaps, process flows, and other business analysis artifacts as needed
- Relationship Development/Client Management
- Build relationships with client managers to grow strategic accounts
- Manage expectations with client stakeholders and executive leadership
- Manage client expectations around scope, timing, and budget
- Sales Support
- Work on time and price estimates for future phases with Sales and Discipline Leads
- Identify additional opportunities within active accounts
- 8+ years of experience in consulting
- 5+ years of experience in managing large/complex projects
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- Experience with specific project management skills:
- Developing detailed project plans
- Tracking project status at the activity level
- Experience in scope management
- Client management (responsibilities and expectations)
- Reporting to executive leadership
- Risk management
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in resource management (motivating team members; providing constructive feedback)
- Experience in running Design and Development projects
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience in financial services, insurance, pharmaceuticals preferred
Client Management Expectations:
We are committed to providing exceptional client solutions and look to grow accounts, so Engagement Leaders typically work with 1-2 clients at a time. Projects can last from 3 to 9 months — and fall into two categories:
- On-site at the client 3-5 days a week
- Working in the office with the T7 team; on-site at the client as needed for meetings, workshops, and presentations.
* There is flexibility to work from home on occasion.
Most assignments require travel for user research and usability testing. Teams working primarily off site are required to travel to the client site, which may be in a different state. UX designers in New York, Boston and Chicago should expect 20-30% travel, while those in other areas should expect 30-65% travel. Candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime, as client commitment requires.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.