We are currently seeking a Principal Front End Architect in the London metro area.
Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of how people use products.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and technology services are delivered, as well as advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
Employees will be exposed to many clients and technologies as they complete projects. This will give them many opportunities to grow and stretch themselves. We are committed to training and mentoring to help them be successful.
- We are a consulting company – Our experienced, multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We are not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff – We solve complex problems by developing enterprise portals and tools, transaction infrastructure and interfaces, and e-commerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients – We do not rely on others to translate requirements and feedback. We hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries – Our client’s industries include: financial services, healthcare, higher education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology, travel, and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are: kind, passionate, empathetic, and collaborative. We hire people who continue to learn, and are willing to engage within our company to evolve and improve it.
- Advise clients on front-end strategy, framework selection, emerging technology.
- Lead a team of front-end developers in the successful execution of a client engagement.
- Contribute to the development of our internal tools and reusable architecture.
- Be a change agent. Help move our design, development, and delivery processes into the next generation.
- Develop front-end code based on wireframes, visual designs, and UX specifications.
- Use front-end frameworks such as: React, Angular, Ember, Vue, etc.
- Integrate with REST APIs or other back-end frameworks.
- Accurately estimate upcoming work and deliver reliably.
- Be a mentor to junior developers.
- HTML – Mastery of HTML: semantics, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility.
- CSS – Mastery of CSS, including preprocessors (Sass preferred), naming methodologies such as BEM, and techniques for scaling CSS on large projects.
- Automation – Familiarity using Node libraries to ensure code quality: JSLint, JSHint, ESLint.
- Testing – Experience with JS unit testing approaches, such as: Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Peformance – Experience creating code optimized for production, via JS minification, “tree shaking” dependencies, image compression, etc.
- Collaboration – Ability to collaborate with team members across various disciplines: UX, design, tech, business, QA, etc.
- Planning – Experience planning and estimating complex software application projects.
- Source Control – Familiarity with source control: Git, SVN, etc.
- Experience – We prefer 7+ years of experience for principal roles.
- Agile – Knowledge of agile project execution, including Scrum and Kanban. Ability to act as Scrum leader for a team of developers.
- BS/BA degree with CS concentration, or equivalent experience.
- Back-end development experience in Node or Java is helpful.
- Experience with front-end build tools: Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, or JSPM.
Travel is required, but it is typically not more than 25%.
As part of TandemSeven’s standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check, which may include fingerprinting, prior to an offer being extended. Background checks are conducted by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check, and motor vehicle records (where required for position). TandemSeven supports workforce diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.