Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of how people use products.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and technology services are delivered, as well as advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
Employees will be exposed to many clients and technologies as they complete projects. This will give them many opportunities to grow and stretch themselves. We are committed to training and mentoring to help them be successful.
- We are a consulting company – Our experienced, multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We are not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff – We solve complex problems by developing enterprise portals and tools, transaction infrastructure and interfaces, and e-commerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients – We do not rely on others to translate requirements and feedback. We hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries – Our client’s industries include: financial services, healthcare, higher education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology, travel, and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are: kind, passionate, empathetic, and collaborative. We hire people who continue to learn, and are willing to engage within our company to evolve and improve it.
Minimum 9 years experience developing JEE based software or web based solutions, and experience with an agile development methodology.
A successful candidate should have a combination of client, architectural, and technical skills. While a candidate may not have all applicable skills, one should be familiar enough (preferably with proven experience) to lead experts in the development of applications. Someone in this role will occasionally need to be able to assist with software development efforts, and should be comfortable with hands-on development and deployment.
- Ability to communicate and interact with VP and director level colleagues.
- Ability to explain complex technical details to a business audience.
- Ability to create and present PowerPoint slide decks.
- Writing skills: architectural assessments, statements of work, status reports.
- Experience in agile development with the ability to act as a Scrum leader.
- Experience in facilitating the process of refining business epics, stories, and tasks.
- Ability to create technical stories and tasks, based on provided epics and stories.
- Ability to define details of stories and tasks: inputs, outputs, rules, and technical requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in product life cycle processes, including: UX, visual design, front-end, back-end, and testing.
- Ability to design and deliver enterprise level solutions.
- Requirements gathering, presentation, and tracking.
- Experience with detailed technical architecture assessment.
- Mastery of object-oriented design.
- Detailed understanding of design patterns and their applicability.
- Ability to design scalable and resilient end-to-end solutions.
- Opinionated about general architecture and design principles.
- Experience designing and implementing patterns in JEE applications.
- Experience implementing JEE based MVC frameworks: Spring Framework, Play Framework, etc.
- Spring Framework experience: dependency injection, MVC, transaction management.
- ORM experience with JPA, Hibernate, or similar.
- Understanding of ORM abstractions such as Spring Data is desirable.
- Experience working with Java based web services: RPC and HTTP.
- Experience in security, high availability, cloud, or “big data”
- API design and construction: REST, SOAP, etc.
- Middle tier integration with ESB or API gateways.
- Delivery experience with NoSQL databases: MongoDB, CouchDB, Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, etc.
- Experience with authentication and single sign-on standards: SAML, OAuth, OpenID.
- DevOps expertise: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Understanding of source control as it pertains to: committing, deploying, branching, merging.
- Conversant in cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Working knowledge of using and deploying on cloud platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Git would be ideal.
- Relational database modeling and design.
- Experience integrating with enterprise systems: Salesforce, Oracle ERP, SAP, and PeopleSoft.
- Certifications are a plus: Java, TOGAF, Adobe, etc.
- BS/BA degree with CS concentration, MS/MA
- Minimum 5 years of senior consulting experience with large, Fortune 500 companies.
- Experience and desire to create intellectual capital: white papers, conference speaking, etc.
We require the ability and willingness to travel up to 25% from NYC, and up to 50% from other locations. TandemSeven is anchoring teams in the Boston, Chicago, and New York areas where we have major clients. This position is in our New York location. May work from home of client offices, as necessary.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. TandemSeven will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of TandemSeven’s standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check, which may include fingerprinting, prior to an offer being extended. Background checks are conducted by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check, and motor vehicle records (where required for position). TandemSeven supports workforce diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.