We are currently seeking a Principal User Experience Architect in the New York and Boston metro areas.
Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of the user. As a Principal User Experience Architect, you will work along a team of kind, smart, passionate, and empathic User Experience practitioners.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and Technology services are delivered as well as invent and advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
- We are a consulting company — Our experienced multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver
custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We’re not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff — We solve big, connected problems by developing enterprise
portals and tools; transaction infrastructure and interfaces; and eCommerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients — We don’t rely on others to translate requirements and feedback;
we hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries — Our clients span financial services, healthcare, higher
education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology,
travel and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are kind, passionate, empathic, and collaborative.
We hire people who want to continue to learn and grow and are willing to engage in our company
to help evolve and improve it.
As a Principal User Experience Architect, you will work along a team of kind, smart, passionate, and empathic User Experience practitioners. at TandemSeven is a critical thinker and team player, focused on creating smart and elegant design solutions for our clients who mostly bring us complex problems. A PUEA will often lead many of the projects and will maintain a strong relationship with the client. Our team wears multiple UX hats: conducting research to understand customers’ goals, tasks, obstacles, and motivations, taking those insights to create strategic recommendations and from there, creating thoughtful, eye pleasing, and complete wireframes. At TandemSeven, we believe the best design solutions are created when working alongside technology, so many of our project teams are multi-disciplinary. We are a small shop; therefore, the PUEA is expected to shape and improve our evolving internal processes and practices. In other words, we are looking for a thought leader who can rally the team around a good idea. Excellent communication skills are a must as we value clear and concise communication amongst each other and especially with our clients.
- Lead engagements independently or manage a delivery team
- Possess strong client-facing presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Structure engagements and prepare cost estimates as a domain expert within a sales pursuit team. Handle multiple projects and proposals concurrently
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, UI design, user research and testing, and implementation.
- Work on both tactical and strategic aspects of a project
- Assist or lead research projects and/or design projects
- Collaborate with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocate for users and user centered design practices.
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- Ability to articulate decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information
- Provide forward-thinking yet realistic solutions/recommendations
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and capabilities
- Ability to lead/facilitate workshops
- Ability to create the standard deliverables in a way that is eye-pleasing and understandable. This includes research findings, roadmaps, site-maps, structural wireframes, detailed interactive wireframes, personas, and/or workflow maps
- Create and review project plans
- Understanding limitations of emerging technologies, responsive design and mobile; HTML and CSS.
- Mentor team members
- Minimum 10 years practicing UI design of custom applications or complex websites as your primary job function. (not combined with any other disciplines)
- Experience in designing highly complex, transactional applications
- A passion for creating great user experiences through User-Centered design
- Experience working in the financial services industry, software, e-learning/education, manufacturing or pharma/medical/healthcare industries
- Actively engages in staying current with research literature and studies in the user experience world
- Able to thrive in both big-picture and fine-detail worlds and be prepared to scale from one end to the other.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary user experience teams.
- Experience designing strongly branded and white label applications
- Experience designing applications for use by a multi-national audience
- Experience designing accessible applications
- Minimum eight years of senior consulting to Fortune 500 companies
- Familiarity with both agile and plan-driven development processes
- Experience and desire to create intellectual capital preferred (e.g., white papers, conference presentations, etc.)
- Must be able to supply samples of previous research and design work
- Experience with Adobe Creative suite and/or Sketch not required, but is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s (Master’s a plus) of Arts or Science degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Human Factors or related field
30-50 percent more or less depending on project; candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires. Some of our clients require the team to be on-site.
As part of TandemSeven’s standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check, which may include fingerprinting, prior to an offer being extended. Background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicle records (where required for position). TandemSeven supports Workforce Diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.