We are currently seeking a Principal Visual Designer in the London metro area.
Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of the user. The Principal Visual Designer is expected to provide innovative, user-centered, information and visual design work that contributes to an enhanced user experience.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX and Technology services are delivered as well as invent and advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
- We are a consulting company — Our experienced multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We’re not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff — We solve big, connected problems by developing enterprise portals and tools; transaction infrastructure and interfaces; and eCommerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients — We don’t rely on others to translate requirements and feedback; we hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries — Our clients span financial services, healthcare, higher education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology, travel and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are kind, passionate, empathic, and collaborative. We hire people who want to continue to learn and grow and are willing to engage in our company to help evolve and improve it.
The Principal Visual Designer has 10 years of experience in visual design for a consulting company or interactive agency. They are responsible for directing and contributing to the development of a variety of visual design projects across multiple clients from concept to delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and work on engagements independently or manage large teams of visual designers and developers
- Develop and oversee client pitches from a creative perspective
- Be the creative subject matter expert of the company on sales calls
- Foster strong relationships with clients that develop into future work based on excellent delivery and trust
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate creative rationale to clients and team members
- Develop and communicate industry-leading creative concepts
- Strong visual style and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, usability and information architecture affect design
- Develop the design piece of SOW’s and Project Timelines
- Design large-scale design systems for use in design templates or creating design language
- Develop presentations, storyboards and client feedback mechanisms to communicate visual designs process
- Provide quality assurance of creative deliverables
- Work along side of creative and design director to install new processes and create best practices
- Mentor and lead junior visual team members
- Design problem-solving skills—ability to work through designs that are of extreme complexity
- Expert working on applications, transactional and complex type of interfaces
- Expert working for responsive
- Inspire and mentor junior level designers
- A passion for creating great user experiences through the use of visual design
- Strong understanding of branding and digital identity
- Experience managing teams of designers
- Ability to lead client relationships
- Actively engages and participates in the design community
- Understanding current and emerging technologies, such as, CSS, responsive design, mobile etc.
- Strong presentation skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong design portfolio
- Knowledge of basic human factors techniques
- Understanding of motion graphics
- Minimum 10 years of design experience for large, Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries and verticals
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a design agency or consultancy
Software package expertise
- Adobe Creative suite
- Bohemian Coding Sketch
- Microsoft Office
- Bachelors of Fine Arts or design degree (Master’s degree a plus)
30-50% travel depending on project. Candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.