Our company was founded on the principle that design and technology work in tandem to create superior user experiences. We believe that all great experiences are derived from a deep understanding of the user.As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will work along a team of kind, smart, passionate, and empathic User Experience practitioners.
It is our mission to continually raise the bar for how UX services are delivered as well as invent and advance the tools needed to create, manage and support enterprise-wide user experience initiatives.
- We are a consulting company — Our experienced multidisciplinary teams are expected to deliver custom solutions and strategies for our clients. We’re not an agency or resourcing company.
- We focus on the complicated stuff — We solve big, connected problems by developing enterprise portals and tools; transaction infrastructure and interfaces; and eCommerce solutions.
- We work directly with clients — We don’t rely on others to translate requirements and feedback; we hear it directly from the source.
- We develop expertise across industries — Our clients span financial services, healthcare, higher education, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, real estate, retail infrastructure, technology, travel and more.
- What we value – We value team members who are kind, passionate, empathic, and collaborative. We hire people who want to continue to learn and grow and are willing to engage in our company to help evolve and improve it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A successful Experience Senior at TandemSeven is a team player, focused on creating smart and elegant design solutions for our clients who mostly bring us complex problems.
Our Senior User Experience Designer’s wear multiple UX hats: conducting research to understand customers’ goals, tasks, obstacles, and motivations, taking those insights to create strategic recommendations and from there, creating thoughtful, eye pleasing, and complete wireframes.
At TandemSeven, we believe the best design solutions are created when working alongside technology, so many of our project teams are multi-disciplinary. We are a small shop; therefore, the SUED will have the opportunity to help shape and improve our evolving internal processes and practices.
Excellent communication skills are a must as we value clear and concise communication amongst each other and especially with our clients.
We expect you to:
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, UI design, and user research and testing.
- Work on both tactical and strategic aspects of a project
- Assist in research projects and/or design projects
- Collaborate with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocate for users and user centered design practices.
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- Ability to articulate decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and capabilities
- 4 + years of experience. Should include some UI design of complex applications
- Experience working with software tools like Axure, Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch
- Excellent speaking, listening and writing skills
- Deliverables must be simple, informative, and clear. Attention to detail is a must
- Understanding limitations of emerging technologies, responsive design and mobile; HTML and CSS
- Bachelor’s (Master’s a plus) of Arts or Science degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Human Factors, Graphic Design or related field; or work experience in lieu of degree
Working with Clients:
- Candidate should be comfortable with 30-50% travel or less depending on project
- Candidate should be comfortable with overtime as client commitment requires
- Candidate should be comfortable with on-site projects
As part of TandemSeven’s standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check, which may include fingerprinting, prior to an offer being extended. Background checks are conducted by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicle records (where required for position). TandemSeven supports Workforce Diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.